Kim Johansen Transport Group is committed to protecting your personal data and ensuring that security measures are in place to protect it.
Here you can read about how we process your personal information when you contact Kim Johansen Transport Group (KJTG).
KJTG is a global group of companies within the field of international transportation in Europe. In order to conduct our daily business, the individual entities on a regular basis exchange data, including personal data. All such transfers take place in accordance with applicable local legislation and EU’s General Data Protection Regulation.
Personal Data and Processing
KJTG processes your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is either a contract, your consent, legal obligation or KJTG’s legitimate interest in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Regardless of your purpose, it is recommended that you do not disclose to us any sensitive personal data such as racial or ethnic origin, religion, trade union membership, sexual orientation, etc.
The processing of your personal data is based on Article 6 (1) of the Data Protection Regulation(DPR). 1, letter e - see below:
• If you have sent us sensitive information, it will be processed in accordance with Article 9 (1) of the DPR. 2, letter f.
• If you have sent us information about criminal offenses, our processing is based on the Data Protection Act(DPA), section 8, subsection. 1 and para. 2, No. 3.
• Processing of personal identity number information takes place with a view to unambiguous identification, cf. the DPA, section 11, subsection. 1.
• The processing of your information in the Internal Market Information System (IMI) takes place with a view to regulatory cooperation with other data protection authorities in the EU, cf. Art. IMI Regulation. Article 56, Articles 60 to 66, and Article 70 (13) of the DPR. 1. This is for the purposes of the rules for posting of employees abroad.
Your Rights and Period of Processing
If you have complaints about our processing of your personal data, your inquiry will be sent to the GDPR responsible in KJTG. Our GDPR department will contact you as soon as possible after your inquiry. The department will send in-depth questions to your inquiry if your inquiry cannot be answered immediately.
Under the Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of information about you. If you want to make use of your rights, please contact us.
• Right to view information (right of access): You have the right to access the information we process about you and of additional information.
• Right to rectification (correction): You have the right to have incorrect information about yourself corrected.
• Right to delete: In very special cases, you have the right to have information about you deleted before the time of our general deletion occurs.
• Right to limitation of treatment: In certain cases, you have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted. If you have the right to have the processing restricted, we may in the future only process the information - apart from storage - with your consent, or for the purpose that legal claims can be established, asserted, or defended, or to protect a person or important societal interests. It is noted in this context that archival purposes are to be regarded as important societal interests.
• Right to object: In certain cases, you have the right to object to our otherwise lawful processing of your personal data.
Your personal data is processed for as long as it is necessary in order to fulfil the purpose and in accordance with applicable law. Your personal data will be deleted when it is no longer necessary to keep in order to fulfil the purpose, unless applicable laws require KJTG to keep it for a longer period. For how long the purpose exists vary depending on the legal basis and circumstances around it (e.g. terms agreed in a contract with you, national bookkeeping or other legal requirements etc.
If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, the personal data will be deleted when you withdraw your consent at the latest, unless applicable law require KJTG to store the personal data for a longer period.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
KJTG may disclose your personal data to other entities in the Group, contracted service providers and advisors (“Third Parties”), if it is necessary in order to fulfil its obligations. Contracted service providers can for example be shipping lines, airlines or public authorities.
If you have any questions regarding the content of this Policy or your rights as an individual, you can contact us by the e-mail stated below, or you may contact us at:
Kim Johansen International Transport A/S
DK 2670 Greve
T +45 4395 9300